Sunday, June 14, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Beginners Guide



Kieth,
 
This is fabulous. I wish I had something like this when I started.
 
This is a great addition to the electricboats group. Giving a place for beginners to start will save alot of effort of explanation for the veterans and confusions for newbies. Well done. Thanks for your generous effort!
 
Hans
--- On Sun, 6/14/09, aweekdaysailor <aweekdaysailor@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: aweekdaysailor <aweekdaysailor@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Electric Boats] Beginners Guide
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, June 14, 2009, 3:34 PM

Lately I've found myself and others answering the same questions a lot, and one of the reasons of course is that, while a ton of information is available here, it's somewhat daunting to get at (if Yahoo's group search is even working which seems spotty at best). Many of the answers are buried in long, intimidating threads containing much debate and little resolution.

With that in mind, and somewhat based on earlier FAQ efforts - I threw together a Beginners Guide. It's got a lot of my own, possibly incorrect, opinions and observations, so I didn't want to represent it as an FAQ for this group. But it's there, and might be a convenient resource to point the NOOBs (newbies) at vs repeating the same responses to the group.

http://sites. google.com/ site/electricboa ting/Home

Not complete by any means, but a good start I think. If anyone wants to contribute a specific section please contact me offlist. In particular I think there is a crying need for parts lists and suppliers so if anyone can provide documentation on their installation that would help.

-Keith

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment