Friday, October 28, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Cheap Sinewave BLDC Controllers

 

Well, yeah, for an inverter I definitely see your point. Especially with RF sensitive electronics running off the inverter, or the flourescents. These controllers I am talking about just handle the propulsion motor, and the BLDC motors are pretty bulletproof. They do make a little bit of a growl though, and it is generally felt that though they are WAY quieter than the quietest infernal combustion engine, electrics should be still quieter. The square wave motor controllers are adequate, no matter what anybody says. I just think, like many others, that pure sine wave has some advantages, one of which is (probably) a quieter running motor. It seems worth the cost to find out once and for all.

I do have a square wave inverter for 110v loads, and my laptop runs just fine on it. I also have a smaller sine wave inverter. I do notice the difference in audio or radio equipment, even with my "Redneck Choke" (wire wound around a 16d nail) in series, and I definitely have a 1 kw pure sine invertter  on my list of things to get some day, but the issue is not a pressing one at the moment. I am almost positive, now that I think about it, that my main shore power fed battery charger is PWM square wave. I actually don't notice any difference when I turn it off. It normally stays on float, keeping the Sams golf cart batteries topped up. The batteries apparently swallow the garbage from the charger quite well.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment