Thursday, September 6, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] ~40' Electric catamaran

 


Hi my name is Colin Freeman and I am in Darwin Australia. I am refitting a 42 Lagoon with electric drive and refer you to 
www.enstrol.si The EMRAX motor is 11.7 kg and can be used continually up to 40KW, peak 60kw with voltages up to 300volt. Several controllers  are avialable for this motor, see web site for details.I  am using Piktroniks SAC41 Water cooled units (www.piktronik.si) Slovenia.
 I am using 144 volt  160AH  life batteries and expect 25KW  per engine continuous, (water cooled) backed up with a 20hp al water cooled diesel weighing 55kg (gearbox also)  two units one in each hull.
46 solar panels @80 watts and two  Mppt solar controller with 5KW inverters  w soft start for in house operation. (air con). House battery 12 volt 1200AH,  144/12 volt dc/dc converters as well as solar and twin wind generators.
can assist with sourcing of all components if you need. I purchase direct from China manufacturers.
My lagoon currently weighs 13 tonne and will be 14 tonne when converted
Prop size is 24 inch RH 22 pitch 85 % area  three blade and expect a cruise speed of 10/11 knotts @ 1200 rpm on the motor
Hope this is of help to you I have been designing and chasing parts for two years as the work proceeds.
Good Sailing
On 07/09/2012, at 3:27 AM, R. Jason Adams wrote:

 

Hello everyone,

I'm in the beginning design stages of ~40' power catamaran. The boat
is expected to come in at around 8 tonnes and I'd like to be able to
achieve 12kt. The designer thinks 50hp per side of ICE would give me
12kt. Most of the time we'd be doing 6-8kt but I like the ability to
move faster if needed. I'm investigating going with electric, or some
sort of hybrid setup and I have a few questions.

1) It looks like dual Kostov 11" 250v motors would give me the
required HP to hit my 12kt. Are there serious concerns about running
such a high voltage on the water? I've read of yachts doing 144v..
which sounds scary enough!

2) Is anyone aware of a mfg of DC generators that go up to 250v?

3) How about solar chargers? I think I'll be able to fit 5000w+ of
solar, no idea on how to get the 30-40v solar to 250v.

Thanks,
-rja


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment