Thursday, September 6, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re: cost of Valence Lithium batteries... Right place, right time

 



Well, I stumbled upon a fantastic deal and bought all 12 for $1,000 (or, $83.33 each). 10 of them were brand new and in the box while two of them had been used in tests and to power some LEDs. It was too good of a deal to pass up, so of course I jumped on it. Worst case, they will be used as house batteries, but they are my traction bank.

Where did I buy them? There was a startup hybrid car company that went belly up and bought then during their house-cleaning sale. No way to replicate it, sorry all.

Like they say in Vegas, I'd rather be lucky than good!

Ciao!

JB
SailingSineMetu.com

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, donald bland <dlblandjr@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the great info JB! .
> I found a lot of great info in reading your blog ,
> and I in turn have just contacted the Valance battery folks,
> even though they seemingly are in bankruptcy,
> for some ideas on refitting my Bristol channel cutter to 48 v,
> as I plan to put a E.Y. motor in there one of these days hopefully myself.
>
> I have just gotten a great deal on a 48vdc wind turbine from a customer whom I
> build CNC machine parts for.
> I hope to mount that over the winter and integrate the electric system ,
> so soon might be a good time to look for a 48v battery system, Valence looks
> good!
>
> I had actually been thinking more of using 8 units , of 6vdc as the 6 v
> batteries are a lot stronger than the 12 v cousins?
> they are also amazingly expensive , and x 8 , wheeu !!!
> oh, well , such are the thrills of old yacht re-fitting , eh ?
> Don B.
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment