Wednesday, September 5, 2012

[Electric Boats] Motor for solar boat in brazil

 

Hi Gents,

I'm building a solar pontoon boat in brasil and after design the hull, the program that I used for this design the gave to me that this hull would have about 1KN (225 lbs) of resistance to 6,5 knots of speed. I have a good knowledge in hulls but not in solar systems. My idea was use 12 or 9 panels of 140W (these are the most common here), use 3 or 4 batteries of 150ah, depends of the voltage of the motor (36V or 48V). But my main concern is the motor. Is not easy to find electric motor for boats like in USA, everybody that I know bought from outside the country. But we have a lot of maker of trolling motors like minn kota. I'm thinking in use 4 motors, two in each side of 70 or 8 lbs. These motors works with 24V. To have the same power I will save 30% of money.

Whats you guys think about? Somebody already made this?

Thanks

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment