Monday, February 28, 2011

Re: [Electric Boats] How many watts?

 

Well 28 X 24 = 672 watts.  I'd think you would need at least 1/3 of that to have a meaningful effect on range, the more the better.

On 2/28/2011 1:43 PM, Doug B wrote:

 

Based on the advice received here I purchased two Group 27 12v batteries for my Minn-Kota 65# 24v transom-mounted motor, and I'm awaiting the arrival of a Guest dual-bank 10 amp Pro Charger.

What I'd like to know now is: how many watts I should look for in a solar panel selection to help in my range while underway, and recharge my batteries while not in use and gone from the 110v for a few days. The motor pulls a max of 28 amps at 24v, I think; and powers a 16' pontoon boat--lightly loaded.

_,_._,___

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment