Saturday, February 26, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Schematic or diagram of system help

 



Hi M8trixman,
Just in case you are not aware, you'll want to locate the main power fuses as close to the positive terminals as you can. Federal regs and ABYC standards say within 7" if not sheathed or in conduit. There is serious power in these banks, put the fuse where it does the most good.

Full info is in the USCG regs which are in the files section of this site.

Be safe, have fun.
-Tom

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "acsarfkram" <acsarfkram@...> wrote:
>
> Hi m8trixman,
>
> I'm a big advocate of two separate banks. I know you do take a hit with the purkuet effect but I think that is a miner issue considering the safety benefit of two banks. If one battery goes bad in one bank you still have a healthy bank (I've had it happen).
>
> I added a wiring diagram to my photo folder under "Lotus Flower". Take it for what it's worth, I'm not an electrical engineer, this is just what has worked for me.
>
> I'm starting to wonder if there are going to any ICE auxiliaried sailboats left in a few years ;-).
>
> Mark
> Santa Cruz
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "m8trixman" <pb@> wrote:
> >
> > Chaplain on Deck:
> >
> > I am new to this forum and am converting my 1974 Cal-29 to electric. I just purchased the 100ibl motor through electric yachts. I am getting 8 US AGM 31 batteries to power the system and have a question. Should I make two banks of four or connect the two banks in parallel? If anyone has a schematic or diagram on how to hook up the system – your input would be wonderful!
> >
> > Also, if you have any advise - so far we have decomissioned the diesel engine and fuel tank, and have cleaned and painted the engine space. What should we do next?
> >
> > I will post some photos...
> > BTW – Mike at www.electricyachtssocal.com has been GREAT, as well as Scott at www.electricyacht.com/
> >
> > ~~(\_~~~~~(\_~~~
> > ~~~~(\_~~~~(\_~~~
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment