Monday, February 28, 2011

[Electric Boats] Rewiring DC electric system and Grounding

 

I am replacing the electric panel on my aged ericson 27. I replaced the old A4 5 years ago with an electric. In removing the old motor, I lost my common ground to the engine. In place I bolted a bus bar that is by the old motor compartment and have used this. I have not had any problems so far. The boat is in fresh water and I have never had corrosion issues or noticed stray electric current around the boat. Now that I am replacing the panel I am looking to clean up the old wiring. I will also be adding a few things (ie. stereo, gps) and want to ensure that the boat and its wiring are up to par. I would like to hear some ideas or examples of working wiring systems and how they are grounded for DC house, electric motor, and shore power. Thanks for any and all that can help me out.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment