Saturday, February 26, 2011

[Electric Boats] Re: Guest chargers

 

Richard,
I found this on Marinco's website:
http://www.marinco.com/files/support/product/specsheets/2620A_08.pdf
They claim to work with sealed lead acid, AGM, and Gel batteries. There is no selector switch or anything, so I'm now sure how it determines what charging curve to use. Maybe it uses some kind of compromise, in which case it may not be ideal for your AGMs.
Though I have very little direct experience with them, I hear AGMs are a little more fussy about charging than wet-cells.
Jim

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "luv2bsailin" <luv2bsailin@...> wrote:
>
> Richard,
> I don't know if those chargers will work with AGM batteries. All of mine have been wet-cells. Better do some more research.
> Jim
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Richard Mair <fullkeel2000@> wrote:
> >
> > Jim the 2620A  is what I am looking at.. Plan on 2 per bank for 2 banks of gpl27 Lifelines
> >  Thanks
> > Installing an Electric Yacht  System with 2 banks of Lifelines
> > Richard
> >
> > --- On Sat, 2/26/11, luv2bsailin <luv2bsailin@> wrote:
> >
> > From: luv2bsailin <luv2bsailin@>
> > Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Guest chargers
> > To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> > Received: Saturday, February 26, 2011, 6:51 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >  
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Richard,
> >
> >
> >
> > Are you talking about these?
> >
> > http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|328|985|316471&id=88417
> >
> >
> >
> > I have been using two of them to charge a 48V bank of 6V golf car batteries on my Albin 25. They are a little small for that application, but I wanted something that my 900W Honda generator could handle. I have tried motoring while running the Honda and they didn't seem to mind, though I only ran for a half hour or so. I'll do more extensive testing of that mode next summer.
> >
> >
> >
> > We also installed a set on a Santana 30-30 conversion back in 2004/2005 and have had no problems. That one sails regularly and is plugged in at the dock the rest of the time. The T-105 batteries only need water about once a year an it's still on the original set.
> >
> >
> >
> > I have a pair of the 5A per channel version in my Duffy launch as well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them based on the above experience. They seem to be pretty bullet proof.
> >
> >
> >
> > Jim
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "acsarfkram" <acsarfkram@> wrote:
> >
> > >
> >
> > > Hi Richard,
> >
> > >
> >
> > > I used a Guest three bank charger on my first electric conversion. It charged 3 group 27 batteries that powered a MotorGuide 109 on an Ericson 23. I never had any issues with it. The batteries were flooded lead (not sealed) and I rarely had to add any water. I don't know if that means anything other than the charger was not boiling the batteries :-).
> >
> > >
> >
> > > Mark
> >
> > > Santa Cruz
> >
> > >
> >
> > > --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Richard Mair <fullkeel2000@> wrote:
> >
> > > >
> >
> > > > Has anyone had any experience with Guest pro chargers..They are a lot easier to find out here on the Canadian east coast than Dual Pro.
> >
> > > > Still looking for a Dual pro supply.
> >
> > > > I can get two guest pro 24 volt bank chargers new at a good price.
> >
> > > > Richard
> >
> > > >
> >
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment