Monday, February 28, 2011

[Electric Boats] How many watts?

 

Based on the advice received here I purchased two Group 27 12v batteries for my Minn-Kota 65# 24v transom-mounted motor, and I'm awaiting the arrival of a Guest dual-bank 10 amp Pro Charger.

What I'd like to know now is: how many watts I should look for in a solar panel selection to help in my range while underway, and recharge my batteries while not in use and gone from the 110v for a few days. The motor pulls a max of 28 amps at 24v, I think; and powers a 16' pontoon boat--lightly loaded.

Thanks!

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment