Tuesday, August 4, 2009

RE: [Electric Boats] Anyone for sailing Sunday? (SF Bay)

 

Keith,

Mia and I had a great time meeting you and the gang at Treasure Island, I
will be posting video of the event on my website. The sailing was great and
the motoring was about what I expected in comparison with the Mars and
controller you were using. Not quite a -50% difference in power usage more
like -30%+ but is great to know how it responds. I need to run some numbers
on what we were yelling back and forth, and get the video on my computer but
it worked well.

Give me a few days and I will post the video at
www.advancedmarineelectricpropulsion.com. Please report on your thoughts
about the experience. Keep in mind that we used our #1 bank of 2 12v 100ah
AGM batteries for the 24v 100ah use with about 45min+ of running with you
(not sure of the time as I had very little sleep that day), and kept our #2
bank full for the return trip to San Rafael. The sails were full all the way
back to the #17 marker where we started to power home to San Rafael canals.
Got a good drain on both banks and a full charge when we got back, so nice
not having to worry about power drain.

Good to meet you,

Kevin

From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of aweekdaysailor
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:42 PM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] Anyone for sailing Sunday? (SF Bay)

I have a special "e-boat" themed sailing trip planned for this Sunday -
leaving Brisbane around noon-ish going to Treasure Island for light
snack/cocktails and then coming back with arrival probably around 7-ish.
We'll be following relatively light tides and hopefully have some wind. All
inside the Gate! :)

I can fit 2 more comfortably if anyone on-list is interested, especially
anyone who wants to see a conversion in operation. The special event is a
surprise, but I'll let you know before Sunday.

email me private if interested.

-Keith

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment