Friday, August 14, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: 4kw "Arby" motor?

 

Mike,
would you mind trimming excess content from your replys. You replied with multiple earlier parts of the thread still attached to your message and it took me more than a minute just to scroll down past all the old stuff. I would very much appreciate it. Your not the only offender in this regard so for all the others that are being lazy and doing the same thing please don't.. it takes just a second to delete the older content out of a reply. This is just basic web/email/forum courtesy.

Thanks very much

Scott

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Mike <biankablog@...> wrote:
>
> Yes heat is a killer when it comes to electronics.  Anything you can do to keep things cool is a plus. I just recently purchased an infrared thermometer gun to check on temperatures of various components in my Thoosa 9000 system. I also kept some of the exhaust hose (from the diesel I removed)  connected to be used with an exhaust fan to remove  hot air from the battery/motor area if I need to. So I have not seen the need. 
>     I also did what ever passive things I could do to keep components especially the controller cool as possible. One simple thing I did was to not mount the controller box flush against the bulkhead to allow additional airflow behind the controllers heat sink. You can see this set up in one this post on my blog post:
> http://biankablog.blogspot.com/2009/06/going-electric-part-20-final.html
>  
> Mike
>  

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Fashion News

What's the word on

fashion and style?

Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Yahoo! Groups

Dog Lovers Group

Connect and share with

dog owners like you

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment