Saturday, August 8, 2009

[Electric Boats] hydraulics as a control system?

 

Hello all,
I've been an Observer of this group and respect the insight and opinions of the members.
My situation is a considerably different then what I've seen here,
My power needs are considerably higher.
I have a 37' x 12' Holliday Mansion with 2 350 Chevy Motors.
I'm a live a board and would like to put together a gas electric system.
I have plenty of room under the floor for 24 or 36 led batteries
I plan to remove the 350s and install a 30 or 40 hp electric and a Toyota 20r
Gas motor. And make hydraulic drives direct to the shafts.
My thoughts are I could use electric it as a plug in highbred or gas only,
Or gas power while charging with the electric motor as a generator with the hydraulic system.
Has anyone had any similar thoughts?
Has anyone converted a similar boat maybe a cruise-a-home?
Has anyone used hydraulics as a control system for dual screws?
Thanks,
Scott

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment