Monday, August 3, 2009

[Electric Boats] Anybody Out There?

 

I posted about a week ago that I was converting my old catboat to electric and thought that someone might be interested to give me some input/advice on a good system to implement as the primary source of propulsion. I have read countless posts over the past year and figured someone might have a great idea.

I spent a great deal of time and effort in the past couple of weeks to transform the boat into an open cocktail cruiser that fits more people and gear than a Duffy 18'. But before I commit to a power source, I thought someone might like to offer guidance or reassurance on the project.

I wouldn't consider using a trolling motor for obvious reasons and I have a 17" x17 degree bronze prop and nibrel shaft which I could connect via an easily installed shaft log. I have a 5hp Tohatsu outboard that moved the boat along @ 6mph and would like some input.

Thanks again,

Kevin Torpey

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment