Monday, June 5, 2017

[Electric Boats] My new saildrive update or final numbers

 

I have been on the water for a couple of weeks now. All electric components are operating. I will try and take some video this weekend. 

Summary: Suzuki 9.9 lower unit mounted to the hull on a Chrysler C26 sailboat. Kelly 60v AC Induction motor. Kelly controller. Kelly 60v charger. Kelly 60v to 12v converter. Aimes 12v to 120v AC 2000 w pure sine wave inverter. 5 group 27 Exide deep cell batteries. 1 group 30 Exide DCB. 

All of the house electricity is 110v. I have a compact fridge, 110v. The running lights are 12v LED as well as the house water pump and bilge pump.

The inverter has an automatic switch that disconnects the inverter when it is plugged into shore power or a generator. The 5 60v batteries feed the 1 12v via the converter, keeping it full. I charge the 60v pack at the same time I charge the 12v battery. The generator runs about 1/3 power. Next year solar. 

The motor is more than enough to power the boat. Power is available to motor sail at a moment's notice. 

Top speed is 6 mph GPS, 100 amps
Cruise speed is 4 mph 20 amps
Sweet spot is 3 mph 10 amps

I haven't had the batteries lower than 65% even running the frig and cruising around. The generator would if I choose run all day on a tank of gas keeping me going even if I ran the motor all day. I plan on getting a 1000w smaller generator. 

Boat sits level and has no noticeable effects of the batteries. Once you get over drilling a hole in the bottom of your boat, it is a great conversion from an outboard. As I said I have way more power than I need. If I had a longer boat I could go faster.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Daniel Michaels <nov32394@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment