Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Re: [Electric Boats] Mew member Westsail 32 brand new elec. motor

 

Well! People that are interested in electric instead of interested in bashing it. How refreshing!

 I've only gone 22 miles in her so far with the motor and, due to charge anxiety, made it a true sail from Port San Luis to Morro. 22 miles in 24 hours..lol. I really am at the beginning of all this. James will be out this week to play around in the marina and make sure everything matches well. I guess I don't have any specific questions just yet only cause I don't know, what I don't know. Maybe I just need to be around sailors that will encourage me instead of tell me I Will never be able to cruise without 70 gallons of diesel on my boat.


On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Bob Moriarty moriartybob@yahoo.com [electricboats]
<electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Hi Norm,
What sort of questions do you have?
Cheers,
--Bob
 
Ox 1976 C&C 33
LOA:  32.87' / 10.02m
LWL:  26.42' / 8.05m
Displacement:  9800 lbs./ 4445 kgs.
Propulsion System: Electroprop Racer
Batteries: 4 X Northstar 210 FT Blue+
Current Prop: 2-blade fixed 16X10X1
(original - came w/A4)
Jax, FL USA
 


On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:27 PM, "Robert Rutherford flynlion@gmail.com [electricboats]" <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
Hey Norm,
                   The wife and I have a 1979 Islander Freeport 36 that we are doing a complete rebuild on and were looking at that exact system ! Please let us know your experience as you go along this path , we are still a ways from install so any info you share would be greatly appreciated !

Robert & Tina
s/v OverUnder #19

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 11:45 AM, normgorton@yahoo.com [electricboats] <electricboats@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 
Norm here,

Bought Oasis 9 months ago. DIYrefit on the weekend. Installed an Islander with a few tweaks from electroprop.com. Looking for an education on the thing I just put in my boat!lol.



__._,_.___

Posted by: Norm Gorton <normgorton@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment