Wednesday, November 3, 2010

[Electric Boats] Idea for Electric Outboard!!

 

Hi Everybody

I am in the process of completing the design of a sailboat i hope to build someday. I Dont want an inboard(electric or gas), i don't want a nasty gas outboard. So what I have thought up is this. I want two electric motors one that attach to my outboard hung rudder, one on either side. I was thinking they could be small motors like minn kotas or something maybe 2hp each. I would make them so they just clipped into a low profile plate that was always on the rudder that way, they could come on and off easily. anyway i quickly drew up the idea in sketchup, check out the pics and let me know what you think. thanks.

Pic are at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/electricboats/photos/album/1220143591/pic/list

oh, p.s. motor suggestions would be of great help. also It would be nice if the motors had regen capability. thanks again everybody.

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment