Tuesday, November 30, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: Converting an Albin 27

 

Thanks Dave,
I would love to be part of a "session" but not being a real engineer, I tend to clear a room pretty quick :)
I have many ideas, but not being smart enough to prove they would work, I have been smart enough (or not rich enough) to "not" lose money trying to build some of them.
I hope I'm correct in my thinking "we have a solution that is possible, if we can just push aside all the impossible things that keep it invisible to our minds".

Ron

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Dave Kellogg <inganear1@...> wrote:
>
> Ron, have you ever gone to a "brain storm session", we used to have them at
> Apple all the time and you could throw out any thoughts that came to mind.
> This idea isn't so far fetched at all, it just needs room. I may be a little
> of a maniac but I have 4 sailboats from 17 to 37 on deck so it gives me a wide
> range of test platforms, love it... What does and old retired, tired inganear
> do? He works on projects... chuckle Who said we have to stay
> conventional?.... out of the box thoughts are accepted, at least by me..
> chuckle... if you have a chance take a look at the Redeemed album, needed a
> total rebuild, it would have been a reef if anyone else would have got her...
> Dave K
> PS: if anyone is looking for a perfect platform for a slippery electric
> sailboat conversion that is a solid boat a friend of mine has one. James
> Baldwin has an Alberg 30 on a trailer in southeast Georgia that would be
> perfect, all the rigging and sails, just needs the interior and what ever
> auxiliary power you want to put in it.. I believe he has it on his web site
> www.atomvoyages.com
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Ron <rlgravel@...>
> To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Mon, November 29, 2010 2:35:15 PM
> Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Converting an Albin 27
>
> Dave, Sorry if I posted out of context, it was a flash of mechanics and no
> thought of restrictions of the present hull.
> If it has any value at all, it might require a complete new boat design to make
> it practical.
>
> Ron
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Dave Kellogg <inganear1@> wrote:
> >
> > Question Ron, how much room do you have under your waterline? I only had
> > enough room for a 14 inch prop and a 1 inch cross section nozzle, and I had to
>
> > make some real changes in my rudder... Room is the problem.. Dave K
> >
> > PS... I have some pictures in the album section.
> >
> >
> >
> > ________________________________
> > From: Ron <rlgravel@>
> > To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
> > Sent: Mon, November 29, 2010 1:58:40 PM
> > Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Converting an Albin 27
> >
> > Dave,
> > You made a great point about weight, a large mass in motion will be less
> > sensitive to extracting a regen value.
> > I'll throw out an idea, but will not try to explain in too much detail, as I
> >can
> >
> > never say things just right.
> >
> > A two function design using the nozzle you mention, a small high speed power
> > prop inside the nozzle and the nozzle turns as a large regen unit, having
> > several blades on the outside diameter that can be feathered for least
> > resistance when the power prop is in use, then feathered for maximum regen when
> >
> > being powered by wind or current movment.
> > So basiclly a two prop system. Massive torque and high speed power seem to
> > always be on opposite ends of where they are needed.
> >
> > Ron
> >
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment