Monday, November 29, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] AC vs DC Motor

 

i too am interested in using AC      you must have a generator I presume ... wondering how many kw?      Wil be following this thread  .    I heard  that 2kw produces around 1 hp'    


On 2010-11-24, at 9:22 PM, akenai wrote:

 



I have been looking at the AC-13 or AC-15 AC Motors they are large enough to use on my 36' steel hull, But I have not found much info that I could understand as to compair them to DC motors other than the few DC drives that are in the higher hp range and then the cost gets to extreme. www.thunderstruck-ev.com carries the set as well as
www.currentevtech.com These look like a nice package and the price dosent seam to bad.
Anyone familer with these? Arby talked about AC awhile back.

Aaron


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Be a homeroom hero - help Yahoo! donate up to $350K to classrooms!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment