Sunday, November 28, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Converting an Albin 27

 

Mark,
I hope I can get those good numbers in tests to come, have done pretty close with my ChrisCraft Capri 30.  My drive prop is a 14X12 three blade that I've ducted with a Rice speed nozzle modified.  Thrust is great and the preliminary numbers are close to yours.   For a 12000 boat that isn't as slippery as yours its pretty good, but I'm still working on the system.  My boat needed a total rebuild inside and out so it wasn't just a put the electrics in place.   I've build a 5 blade 11 pitch prop from composite, I am not as concerned about push as I am about developing the best prop for regen while sailing....  a topic that everyone says isn't worth the effort, I disagree and will continue the project until I have things in working condition...   as Winston Churchill once said, "don't ever, ever, give up"....  chuckle....  I won't...

Dave K


From: acsarfkram <acsarfkram@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sun, November 28, 2010 1:03:15 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Converting an Albin 27

Hi Dave,

My boat is actually a Bruce King designed 1976 Ericson 27. And my current motoring numbers are better now that I have a larger (12x10) three blade prop; 4 knots at 20 amps.

Mark
Santa Cruz



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment