Sunday, November 1, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: New "battery" Tech

 

Mike wrote:
>
>
> Myles:
>
> s. When I converted my boat to electric propulsion I kept in mind my
> needs as a cruising sailor and how I would maintain it when far away
> from homeport. I was particualarily concerned about the batteries. I
> went with AGM's because of their low maintenace, discharge and charge
> abilities and the ability to replace them easily at a local level and
> that they had been proven over a couple of years.

That's sort of my take as well - I went with flooded lead acid as they
are cheap and well supported. Weight was a secondary issue and my
boat's layout means that the flooded cells are easy to maintain.
Maybe when in a few years when the my Trojans are getting a bit tired,
some other chemistry will replace them.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Odd News

You won't believe

it, but it's true

Yahoo! Groups

Cats Group

Join a group for

cat owners like you

Yahoo! Groups

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Discover Car Groups

Auto Enthusiast Zone

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment