Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] electric prop and re-charging

 

Robert,  

Do you have a source for Nickel-Iron batteries?  And if so what is the price per AH?  I can get 100AH LiFePo4 for a cost of $120 that makes the cost per AH $1.20,   But at a reasonably cheaper price I would be interested in Nickel-Iron. They are heavier and take more care and feeding: Need to be watered. But they do last forever and like to be used.  Lasting forever is a good selling point! 

I was also eyeing the AC 50,  have you done any research into mounting,  Do they require a trust baring.  
 
On Nov 16, 2009, at 4:39 PM, Robert wrote:

 



-original message-
Subject: RE: [Electric Boats] electric prop and re-charging
From: Gene Fusch <gfusch@hotmail.com>
Date: 11/13/2009 1:43 PM

Hi Andreas

Consider the AC 50 at http://www.thunderstruck-ev.com/AC_drive_performance.htm. I think that it is large enough to push your boat and when under sail could potentialy regenerate your battery pack (wich will need to be a big one). I am looking at the AC 50 for my 19-ton when loaded lug rig schooner that I am building. If I can come up with the funds, I am looking at NiFe batteries which will add to my ballast and be very durable.

G

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment