Monday, November 23, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Alternative to propeller

 

I've tried sculling too John , it just doesn't work , with these wrists.
But I can peddle just fine !.
And my Grey Seal "Huon Seal" has a high peaked gaff and 2 headsails that are light enough for me to handle from the cockpit , alone.
Its getting to the swing mooring that is the problem. 
If I build the Thistle though , I'm sure I can set up something simple using electric power , to help me out.
Regards Rob J.
--- On Mon, 23/11/09, johnaworley@aol.com <johnaworley@aol.com> wrote:

From: johnaworley@aol.com <johnaworley@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Alternative to propeller
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Received: Monday, 23 November, 2009, 7:11 PM



Rob
 
With dodgy wrists you might have difficulty with sculling over the stern too - but you might have less difficulty with a Chinese yuloh - this is a single tethered blade over the stern which features a bend in the shaft, or an offset handle, such that the blade is pitched correctly as you push it from side to side. You see Chinese boatmen just pushing the rope that holds the yuloh in place.  
 
John Worley




Win 1 of 4 Sony home entertainment packs thanks to Yahoo!7. Enter now.

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment