Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Beware Zivan Chargers

 

Chris,

They told me the power leads had been installed backwards. Of course if you look at the connector and the leads there is a lip on the leads that snap into place, so that reason doesn't hold much water.

They did send a tiny 3X4 sheet of instructions back which stated the installation must be performed by a qualified electrican etc with more caveats listed. If I don't have a professional install it I guess it is always an installation error.

Merrick

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Chris Witzgall <chris@...> wrote:
>
> Did they tell you explicitly how you installed it incorrectly?
>
> Chris
>
>
> On 11/17/09 4:36 PM, "rmerrickw" <r__merrick_white@...> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > I thought I was buying top-of-the-line when I bought my $500 Zivan NG1
> > charger. Big mistake on my part.
> >
> > After less than 100 hours of use it was broken. Since most of my charging has
> > been through my 48v solar panel I did not use the Zivan very often and by the
> > time it died so had the warranty.
> >
> > I contacted Zivan USA for help and got one boiler-plate response to my first
> > email and no response to my next 3 emails. After a week I sent a harsh email
> > to which they responded with "send it in".
> >
> > They claimed I had installed it wrong. Strange that with an installation
> > mistake it worked fine until after the warranty expired.
> >
> > Today after paying them $100 to fix it, plus shipping both ways, I got it back
> > useless. They had failed to send a new connector replacing the burned out
> > connector. I called right away - a very unhappy customer - and the tech
> > admitted he had forgotten to put the new connector in the box.
> >
> > I suggested he overnight it to me and he said only if I paid the shipping. I
> > pointed out the mistake was his in not shipping it with the charger and his
> > reply was "I'm not the one that burned out the charger". I blew up and
> > dripping with sarcasm thanked him for all of his help.
> >
> > Zivan service is no service at all.
> >
> > Merrick White
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment