Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Re: [Electric Boats] Beware Zivan Chargers

 

Did they tell you explicitly how you installed it incorrectly?

Chris


On 11/17/09 4:36 PM, "rmerrickw" <r__merrick_white@sbcglobal.net> wrote:


 
 
   

I thought I was buying top-of-the-line when I bought my $500 Zivan NG1 charger. Big mistake on my part.

After less than 100 hours of use it was broken. Since most of my charging has been through my 48v solar panel I did not use the Zivan very often and by the time it died so had the warranty.

I contacted Zivan USA for help and got one boiler-plate response to my first email and no response to my next 3 emails. After a week I sent a harsh email to which they responded with "send it in".

They claimed I had installed it wrong. Strange that with an installation mistake it worked fine until after the warranty expired.

Today after paying them $100 to fix it, plus shipping both ways, I got it back useless. They had failed to send a new connector replacing the burned out connector. I called right away - a very unhappy customer - and the tech admitted he had forgotten to put the new connector in the box.

I suggested he overnight it to me and he said only if I paid the shipping. I pointed out the mistake was his in not shipping it with the charger and his reply was "I'm not the one that burned out the charger". I blew up and dripping with sarcasm thanked him for all of his help.

Zivan service is no service at all.

Merrick White

 
   


__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment