Thursday, November 19, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: Sportsman pro charger for 48v bank?

 

Russ,

The answer is in the manufacturer's FAQs and has been posted on this group multiple times. Here it is one more time...

"Q: I have a 24 volt trolling motor and my two deep cycle trolling batteries are wired in series. Do I have to remove the jumper wire between the batteries when I charge the batteries with my Dual Pro Charger?

A: No, there is no need to remove the series jumper because the Dual Pro consists of two totally independent chargers which share nothing in common. This allows for both batteries to independently but simultaneously charged."

Fair winds,
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, russ1302 <no_reply@...> wrote:
>
> I bought a Sportsman pro 4 bank charger to charge mu 4 12v batteries in my 48v bank. The charger is setup like 4 separate chargers. Do I need to disconnect the batteries from each other to charger them? or can I leave them in series and connect the charging leads to each battery?
>
> Russ
>

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment