Sunday, November 1, 2009

[Electric Boats] Torqeedo is great!

 

Mid-summer I got a good purchase of a Torqeedo Travel 801L on eBay with a spare battery pack. Right now I'm using it on a 12' john boat I had. Lots of fun with the grandkids motoring up and down the Wabash River north of West Lafayette, Indiana.

My only compliant is that the prop extends below the skeg, so once in a while I get into some sand and gravel. I'll have to rig some sort of extension next year.

I'm thinking about adding a hull extension on the transom to convert the 12' planing hull to a 14' displacement hull. Top speed might not change, but range should improve a little.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Odd News

You won't believe

it, but it's true

Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

Yahoo! Groups

Mom Power

Find wholesome recipes

and more. Go Moms Go!

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment