Saturday, May 5, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] concept for an electric houseboat

 

There are a couple of negative reviews here:

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=11643#MyReviewHeader

Note that even the last positive review mentions the desire to "bone up the underbelly to a higher marine quality". Operating the boat in shallower water with possible obstructions is going to be fairly common for my use.

I am not knocking the Torqeedo really. People tend to post reviews a lot more when they're upset with a product than when they're happy with it. It's very possible that there are hundreds of happy Torqeedo owners for every unhappy one; I don't know for sure. The only thing I *do* know for sure is that to even meet the minimal 1kw / 2ton powering rule, I'd need two motors instead of just one. I'd prefer one large motor and a kicker just in case of emergency instead of a true dual motor setup.

Thanks,
-keith

--- On Sat, 5/5/12, Edward Bachmann <edbz@hotmail.com> wrote:

You don't need 3. A Torqeedo Cruise 4.0 R has almost the same power specs
as the Aquawatt Green
Force.
 
I have not heard any negatives about the Torqeedo
motors. Would you provide some links for us?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment