Wednesday, May 23, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re: anybody have experience with the Advanced Marine Electric Propulsion?

 

Hi John,
I have installed one of their 2 kw units in my 21 foot sailboat. You can see pictures in the photo album under "My Gie" I tried doing a link before and it didn't work but I'll try again.

Here's a link to your photo album
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/electricboats/photos/album/246149565/pic/list

I delt with Kevin and Arby and both seem to be good guys. The system is very easy in my case for all of the controls are within the motor housing. On the larger units they had to be pulled out. I have minmum time on mine but I did have one minor issue which they very quickly addressed over the winter at no cost to me, including shipping back to California from Maine. You can also search the meesages under My Gie, I think I provided some more details there.

Are you using 4 100 amp hour 12 volt batteriers or 4 400 amp hour batteriers? If you are using 4 100 amp hour batteries wired in series to get 48 volts, your system would be rated at 100 amp hours, not 400 amp hours.

If I can help any more, just ask.

Dave

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "jtcourtney8451" <jtcourtney8451@...> wrote:
>
> I am considering installing the AMeP Mark II C or B motor in my 32' S&S sloop (22' -6" owl). Does anybody here have any experience with this setup? I was going to supply it with 48v via 4 lifeline batteries rated at close to 400ah combined. I would be interested in hearing about the reliability, ease of installation, and range of the AMeP setup. Thanks
>
> John
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment