Monday, May 28, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric Jon boat motors 12v-72v

 

Dan asked: "What's the ideal boat for a Torqueedo?"

How about two long thin kayak hulls tied together to make a very slippery catamaran?
 
 
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 12:58 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Electric Jon boat motors 12v-72v
 
 

My 42" wide, 12' jon boat has a Torqueedo and it is a good setup. There are times then it draws too much in the section of the Wabash River I boat on, which is shallow and gravel bottom. Jon boats are planing craft, so not a good boat for displacement speeds that the Torqueedo produces. Still, it moves us around. I now have 3 batteries for my 801. In another thread I mentioned how I added a transom extension to turn my jon boat into a displacement boat with improved performance.

We often talk about what's the ideal motor for a given boat, but since the Torqueedo is such a good power plant, it begs the question: What's the ideal boat for a Torqueedo?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment