Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Can't sell my Electric boat (boat sold and now selling the motor)

 

How old and what brand are the batteries
Asking price for set up?
Bob 435 678 3436

--- On Tue, 5/22/12, russ1302 <russ1302@gmail.com> wrote:

From: russ1302 <russ1302@gmail.com>
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Can't sell my Electric boat (boat sold and now selling the motor)
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, May 22, 2012, 12:49 PM

 



Well I sold the boat a year ago, but ended up pulling the electric drive out and selling it with an outboard. It's a shame, but I was taking a pretty good hit on the boat already, and as it turned out it was easier to sell with out the electric drive.

I packed it up and shipped it to my new home on the east coast (D.C.), with the intention of buying another boat and re-powering with my electric drive. Now we are having a baby and the boat is being put on the back burner for a couple years. If there is anyone from the electricboats group interested, I'll give them first crack at it, before I put it on ebay or part it out. Here is a link to some pics.
http://www.russeldouglass.com/practice/Electric_Drive_installed.html

It's a 48v Mars with Sevcon controller (w/Regen)
Power transmission is belt driven (1" belt) w/Browning bearings and 1" stainless shaft.
Built to be a direct replacement for Atomic 4.

It powered my Newport 27 (6000 lbs) with a 12x 12 2 blade prop.

It is currently disassembled, but If your interested, I can put it back together in about 45 minutes.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Prefer local pickup, but I could ship it if needed.

Russ
--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "aweekdaysailor" <aweekdaysailor@...> wrote:
>
> Funny - I snagged a sweet partnership for a slip in South Beach precisely _because_ the boat was electric :) YMMV rings true I guess!
>
> (hint: try Berkeley...)
>
> -Keith
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Chip" <chipg_98@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Russ,
> > Let's talk. I'm at Fortman... you? Feel free to e-mail me directly to continue the dialog if you like.
> >
> > --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, russ1302 <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I've been trying for over a month to sell my Electric powered Newport 27, with no luck. I've actually had people tell me they are scared away by the electric motor. I may consider selling the electric motor separate if anyone is interested. It's similar to the Solid Nav system, with a 48volt Mars brushless, Sevcon Millpac controller, belt driven power transmission 4 group 24 batteries and a Procharge 4 bank charger. If anyone in the San Francisco Bay area is interested, let me know. I'd like to sell it before I pull it out of the boat. It's a sad day when i have to put an outboard on an electric boat to sell it.
> > >
> > > Russ
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment