Tuesday, May 1, 2012

[Electric Boats] Re: Electric Boats messages being cloned to a blogsite

 

Hello all.

I hope this is not me! I am a 71 year old Cancer patient, and
hopefully survivor. I should know more in the next few months.

For a number of years I have been having ideas, Before I was
diagnosed, about self charging, all directional wind/electric boats.
As I got sicker, from Radiation treatments etc. I found that these
ideas kept surfacing and improving, especially after I met one of my
new neighbours who powers his home with a wind turbine and also drives
a Rav 4 that has been converted to all electric with Lith- Ion
batteries and a BMS. He gets about 100 mile range at this point. He
said that aiythng of interest he would be glad to send, through to
this forum or any individual here that wants it. . I have learned a
lot from him, and he has learned a lot from some of the discussions
between you guys that I have sent him.

He said that he is a member of several Elect Car forums, has lousy
internet service and doesn't have the time to sift through another
forum. So I try to do it for him. I have been in boats, until the last
7 years or so, since my family got its first. A 1947 1/12 HP Scott
Attwater on a 1947 Barbour 14 foot runabout, both NEW, when I was
about six years old.

I only learned to turn a computer on 1n 2007 when I commissioned to do
an extensive watershed assessment for the local volunteer group.
Needless to say" I ain't no expert!" I don't know what a " Blog Spot"
or a "Bot'' spot is, and really don't want to learn that stuff, unless
it is, through me, causing problems for anybody.here or anywhere else.

My friend knows NOTHING about boats, as I have mentioned, And up until
recently I knew very little about electricity and elect drives, etc.
So we are basically exchanging information that gives us a fresh, and
naive view of each other's problems. His main interest is the
understanding and development of different kinds of elect generation
and new ideas for drive lines that don't cost a fortune and may be
applicable in different situations. Like SALT WATER.

I only copy and paste the content, as much as possible, without
divulging contributor's ID's although I have't really been as careful
as possible, Perhaps.

PLEASE let me know ASAP, if I'm doing something wrong here, I'm Just
an old man trying to get better and this project keeps my mind off
some of my problems, some of the time. I'll fix what ever I need to
fix. If can't be fixed, or get off altogether if that's what it takes
I'd hate to have leave because I never realized how much more new
stuff this old dog can learn.

Thanks all for time and understanding

Ericr

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment