Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Idea for Electric Outboard!!

 

Minn Kota makes motors that are intended to be mounted on the cavitation plate of an outboard.  Should be an easy adaptation.

--- On Thu, 11/4/10, Bill Spires <spiresac@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Bill Spires <spiresac@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Idea for Electric Outboard!!
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, November 4, 2010, 12:18 AM

 

I think this will work.  I would consider mounting the motors lower on the rudder for several reasons including that they can easily become airborne in waves.  The fact that the motors will turn with the rudder will help out quite a bit with steering.  It would be nice to make them removable.  


From: Cody <codyharris86@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, November 3, 2010 4:29:41 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Idea for Electric Outboard!!

 

Hi Everybody

I am in the process of completing the design of a sailboat i hope to build someday. I Dont want an inboard(electric or gas), i don't want a nasty gas outboard. So what I have thought up is this. I want two electric motors one that attach to my outboard hung rudder, one on either side. I was thinking they could be small motors like minn kotas or something maybe 2hp each. I would make them so they just clipped into a low profile plate that was always on the rudder that way, they could come on and off easily. anyway i quickly drew up the idea in sketchup, check out the pics and let me know what you think. thanks.

Pic are at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/electricboats/photos/album/1220143591/pic/list

oh, p.s. motor suggestions would be of great help. also It would be nice if the motors had regen capability. thanks again everybody.



__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment