Thursday, November 4, 2010

[Electric Boats] Idea for Electric Outboard!!

 

Just an out of the box thought......Bear with me if it is stupid....
If you have a rudder that hangs on pintles off the transom, how about adding the motors to the blade like you suggest, but have a capability to swivel the whole rudder blade 180 degrees on a horizontal pin and lock it when in both positions.
The idea would be to have the motors as deep as possible, but when not in use, clear of the water.
Depends how hung up you are on not having drag when sailing.

John

From: Cody <codyharris86@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, November 3, 2010 4:29:41 PM
Subject: [Electric Boats] Idea for Electric Outboard!!

Hi Everybody

I am in the process of completing the design of a sailboat i hope to build
someday. I Dont want an inboard(electric or gas), i don't want a nasty gas
outboard. So what I have thought up is this. I want two electric motors one
that attach to my outboard hung rudder, one on either side. I was
thinking they
could be small motors like minn kotas or something maybe 2hp each. I
would make
them so they just clipped into a low profile plate that was always on
the rudder
that way, they could come on and off easily. anyway i quickly drew
up the idea
in sketchup, check out the pics and let me know what you think. thanks.

--
_______________________________________________
Surf the Web in a faster, safer and easier way:
Download Opera 9 at http://www.opera.com

__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment