Thursday, September 2, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Props

 

>Not sure what that is about.
corrosion
the electrical connections are especially vulnerable. Since there is possible electrolysis the environment is very difficult
 
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
So, if science is taught as just a collection of (assumed-to-be) facts, it is nothing but dogma. Dogma stoutly resists subsequent displacement by reason.



From: Daniel Michaels <nov32394@yahoo.com>
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thu, September 2, 2010 2:25:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Props

 

I have yet to get my boat in the water I just bought it a month or so ago and am working on it everyday. I plan on single handing it as a live-aboard. I do not want to depend on the electric motor at all. Just use it when it is convenient, but sitting if I have to until the panels charge back up. I do like electrical things though. That is why I decided on electric over say an outboard. I want plenty of battery juice for living. I will venture I will use more electricity for house than I will on moving. I have been looking at solar panels and see some nice ones, but are "No warranty" for marine use. Not sure what that is about. The ones that are slated for marine use always seem to be smaller. I was hoping to build a dodger over the Cockpit out of panels two large ones. These I hope to store down below in rough weather. something like the Evergreen ES-A 210.using two would get me to 45 vlts 420 watts. I am hoping to do the Great Loop first and this should test my patience with going slow or not moving at all at times.

Dan




 


 





__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment