Tuesday, September 28, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: Electric boat marathon in Maryland October 1, 2010

 

Tom,

I have read about the results from previous years with interest, but since I'm on the Pacific coast, the events on the other side of the country are hard to attend. My non-electric F-27 trimaran is trailerable so some events within about 500 miles are doable, but my electric 30' ketch is fairly well limited to the Los Angeles/Catalina/Santa Barbara area.

Please don't take the lack of responses to indicate a lack of interest. This is still a pretty small community and many of us want to know what is going on elsewhere, even if we can't make it in person.

Fair winds (and sunny skies),
Eric
Marina del Rey, CA

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, Samuel Shallard <sshallard@...> wrote:
>
> I am interested but am located in Maine. I would consider going to something in New England. My interest would primarily being in seeing, talking and learning what I can about what folks are doing rather than in watching how fast someone can go.
> On Sep 28, 2010, at 1:17 PM, quietboats wrote:
>
> > Well, I'll bump this up to everybody's attention just once more. No discussion at all so I have to figure few here if any want to participate in electric boat competitions. If there is interest but just not in these two events I would like to hear what would be appealing IE: different location, different dates, mulitple distance choices...whatever.
> > In any case, everyone is welcome to come to St. Michaels, MD this Friday to catch the Wye Isalnd Challenge and keep April 15, 2011 in mind for the Florida event.
> >
> > Thanks, Tom
> >

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment