Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Catalina Conversion

 

AGM makes your life easier IMO. Plus no more acid burns in your clothes. Just make sure you spec your charger to tje type of battery you are installing.

Capt. Mike

Sent from on board BIANKA
http://biankablog.blogspot.com


From: "Doug" <dj2210@yahoo.com>
Sender: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 18:09:31 +0000
To: <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
ReplyTo: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Catalina Conversion

 

I've been going around and around with a battery decision. I'm thinking (4) Trojan T1275 at around $900.00 or (4) Odessey Pc2150 around $1200. Trojans are wet lead acid 150amps@20hr and the Odessey is AGM 100 amps@20hr.
Any thoughts?

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Doug" <dj2210@...> wrote:
>
> Hi All
> Thanks for all the great info on this site I have begun the electric repower of my Catalina 27 sailboat. The Atomic 4 is disconnected and awaiting removal slated for this Wednesday. On the bench in the garage is a Mars BLDC motor mounted on a 2:1 gear reducer with a Kelly controller. I have had a chance to try both the Kelly controller and a Sevcon gen4 on the bench and both work equally well unloaded. I still need to choose batteries and manufacture mounts for motor and batteries. I don't expect to be operational for at least a month so in the meantime if the wind is favorable a trolling motor will help me out the slip.
> Doug
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment