Thursday, September 2, 2010

RE: [Electric Boats] looking for assistence hooking up controller

 

James,

I use a Kelly PM 72400 in my system, if your controller is a PM I may be able to assist you. 

BTW, Fany at Kelly was extremely helpful providing all the assistance I requested during the design phase, answering all my questions and checking (and correcting) my wiring diagrams.  Thanks to his support my system worked perfectly since the very beginning. 

I have to say that the technical information Kelly provides for download is quite meager. I've mentioned this to Fany suggesting adding more "meat" to the manual, but their position seems to be that with wide the variety of end users (electric cars, golf carts, sailboats, etc) they prefer to provide case-by-case support instead of a issuing a complex manual. 


So far, I am extremely satisfied with this controller.


Alberto

 

 




To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
From: james4078@yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 14:22:57 +0000
Subject: [Electric Boats] looking for assistence hooking up controller

 
Hello everyone

I have tried bypassing the need for a motor controller by using several solenoids but that didn't work out as planned. I broke down and bought a Kelly 72volt 300amp controller. I have been staring at the wire diagram online for hours and there are a few things that are not explained and I don't want to risk shorting out the unit.
Is anyone out here available for a consult over the phone or skype or even webcam to help figure this thing out?

thanks

james


__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment