Friday, July 16, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: New to the group. About to start a serious project. Need advice.

 

I think what I'm looking for is advice on a saildrive lower unit. Is there an economical way to rig this on such a small boat?

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:
>
> To reduce the confusion, Mike's album is called "Bluenose 24. EV candidate?".
>
> And David, if installing a drive well, I would recommend doing it well, not badly. ;)
>
> Fair winds,
> Eric
> Marina del Rey, CA
>
> --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "pitremichael" <pitremichael@> wrote:
> >
> > So there's no confusion, I posted some pictures in an album. The boat is fiberglass. I was thinking of using a v drive and putting the prop assembly just aft of the rudder, below the waterline. I have an stern locker that would fit a small motor beautfully.
> >
> > Can everyone see the pictures? Is it more clear what I'm thinking about?
> >
> > --- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "davidhughes_casaba" <davidhughes_casaba@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Mike,
> > > You may need to post to 2 forums and I would suggest the wooden boat forum. With regard to the well that Eric described, I have seen it done both well and not so well (pun not intended). There is a lot going on structurally there and you want to be careful if you go down that road. Best to talk to a builder.
> > >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment