Friday, July 23, 2010

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Dual Pro Output current.

 

Pat

Somebody here a few posts ago mentioned they used an Elcon power supply with their Honda. You might want to check them out.

Capt. Mike

Sent from on board BIANKA
http://biankablog.blogspot.com


From: "greenpjs04" <greenpjs@neo.rr.com>
Sender: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:26:07 +0000
To: <electricboats@yahoogroups.com>
ReplyTo: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] Re: Dual Pro Output current.

 

Hi Eric,
I didn't have any specific model in mind. It has been quite a few years since I was in the market for power supplies. I did a quick search and found some interesting supplies from companies I never heard of before. MW has a model RSP-1000-48 that has 90 to 254 volt AC input and 48 volts DC output at 21 amps for $323 USD. The bad news is MW means "Mean Well". Did someone really name their company mean well? I also found one from the old reputable power supply company - Lambda. It didn't show a price, though, and appeared to be a very highly regulated supply for industrial use. I imagine it would be very expensive. Lambda appears to be owned by TDK now. Anyway, I will keep looking and let you know if I find anything.

Pat

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "Eric" <ewdysar@...> wrote:
>
> Pat,
>
> Thank you for bringing this up. This may be a case of the smart charger being too smart. A battery under load could easily lead the charger to see a "damaged" battery, and better programming would shut things down before more damage occured.
>
> Your suggestion of a simple power supply is excellent, I don't think that I've read a post here that has specifically made that suggestion. Do you know of any 1000W to 1500W 48V power supplies that are available to DIY folks like us?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment