Wednesday, July 28, 2010

[Electric Boats] Re: new proposed conversion

 

Take a look at the re-e-pod. The 3000 model runs on 48 volts.

http://www.re-e-power.com/epod-3000.html

--- In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, "michael.kelly54" <michael.kelly54@...> wrote:
>
> The information shared on this site has changed my mind on repowering with diseal. The sailboat is a Valiant 32 that I am restoring with a displacsment of 11,000 lbs L.W.L 26' beam 10'5" and is moored yearound.
> I haven't yet decided as far as the 48v motor and controller but have the opportunity to purchase a bank of Rolls Surrette batteries at not more than two Trogan 220. The Rolls are 6 volt 550 amp 117 lbs. ea.
> I need a minimum of one hour at approx. 4 to 5 knts and I think this seams to work with approx. 1000lbs. of weight where the engine was located. I've removed the old engine and fuel tank. Any feedback would be most welcome.
> The existing electrical system had a Sea Ranger 4000 automatic battery charger input 115 volt 10 amps with an output 12 volt 40 amps and 60 boost. Could this be used as a bulk charger from a Honda 2000 generator and a separate 48v smart solar controller. I was planning on purchasing two 175 watt 24v solar panels with a later addition of a wind generator.
> I would also plan on fabricating a sealed battery box with 48v fan powered from the solar controller.
> Again thanks for all the knowledge shared on this site.
>
> Michael
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment