Tuesday, July 27, 2010

[Electric Boats] Charger shut down do to high AH

 

 

 


From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of James Sizemore
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:19 PM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Electric Boats] Re: new battery

 



I’m a little confused. My Brusa Charger is shutting down do to a high AmpHour and I’m not sure I understand why this would be an issue. I have a bank of 12 AGM’s in series giving me 144v at 210 AH. I can set the limit of the AH’s so that if it exceeds the set point it would shut down. I read somewhere that you can exceed the rated AH for charging but don’t know of any formula to over rate the batteries for this to keep from shutting off the charger. Can anyone help me with this or at least explain to me why I can or can’t set the limits higher?

 

Thanks,

Steve in Solomons MD

Lagoon 410E

Solomons System

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment