Tuesday, May 26, 2009

RE: [Electric Boats] batteries



I had an almost identical situation on my boat a few weeks back. For me the
problem was a battery with a shorted cell(s) indentified with the load test
equipment at the local Auto Zone. New battery in and problem gone.

hth

From: electricboats@yahoogroups.com [mailto:electricboats@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of dberson1
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 10:20 PM
To: electricboats@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Electric Boats] batteries

Friends: Here is the problem: I have an elco 30 foot classic called Glory
that I have been running as a tour boat for ten years. Powered by AGM
Batteries that this year are 13 years old. Well anyway had the first trip of
the season today-full boat and out of the slip into the bay I lost power.
With the throttle all the way in foward the needdle gague read that I was at
42 volts as opposed to the 48 that the system runs on. The E meter said that
I was at full charge. All other systems looked as if they were working. I am
buying new batteries -8 0f them at 3600 bucks. Elco is no longer in business
and I'm in Greenport on the east end of Long Island. Who can I get to the
boat to troubleshoot the system. I haven't put a load tester on the
battereis yet but I am informed that the batteries are probably so old that
they are not holding a charge. I have a full season of business booked and
am almost nervous. Help. Thank you, David Berson Glory greenportlaunch.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment