Wednesday, May 27, 2009

[Electric Boats] Re: Electric power for over 30'



Tom I have a challenger 32' that displaces around 14000 lb. It also had a Perkins 4108. I converted it to electric this year. You can see the pictures in the picture files under the folder Second Wind. I built the rig myself from parts I could get cheap on ebay( with exception of the controller). I used 8 batteries for a 48V system. It should give me 250 amp hours of use. Minus all the losses its probably much less. I think it will run at 40 amps for over 3 hr ( I haven't tested it for this long yet) At 30 amps I get close to 3 knots at 80 amps I get about 4 knots. The prop I am using is a 12" with a 9" pitch and has three blades. My boat ispretty wide with 11' of beem that I think is thre reason for the large amp draw and slow speed. I think your boat will get similar results to mine as far as amp draw is concered and the speeds you can expect.

Tom

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment