Tuesday, May 26, 2009

[Electric Boats] RE: Electric power for over 30'



Hello everyone!
I know there must be a thread for powering sailboats over 30' with electric motors. Can someone direct me to it?
My sailboat is a Cal 35 Cruising. She is of 15,000 lbs. Displacement.
I think this project would need around 35 hp. She has a 4-108 Perkins of 'Claimed' 50HP hahahaha!
Anyway, with what little I know about this, I would need a bank of about 5 Golf Cart Batteries.
I also want to utilize Solar Panels as well as a Gas Power Generator.
So let me know how screwed up my ideas are so I can get an idea of where to start here.
Thanks


__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! News

Fashion News

What's the word on

fashion and style?

Yahoo! Groups

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Auto Enthusiast Zone

Car groups and more!

Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment