Thursday, September 1, 2016

Re: [Electric Boats] Re: Okay, planning my solar charging installation.

 

I have some Harley sportsters, and have entertained installing an
electric motor in one.
Regulations over here will or may prevent me from doing do.

Mechanically, there would be nothing to it.
I can or could even make the sprockets for timing belts myself, and
might, on an industrial cnc lathe.

We cannot use one-off bikes without a 6000€ type certification.
It might be possible to do the certs in another country nearby, anything
in the EU would work, legally.

And one might be fun, perhaps.

On 01/09/2016 09:51, king_of_neworleans wrote:
>
> It was a lot of fun passing all those super serious pedallers on their
> $2k bikes in their lycra biking togs, without even spinning a pedal
> haha. I would always flick my old fashioned bike bell as I approached
> to overtake them. Must have seemed quite unfair to have some white
> haired old guy not even sweating in the New Orleans heat, whizzing by
> them. Well look at me, going OT in my own thread. Anyway yeah ebikes
> can be kinda fun and lots of room for tinkering.

--
-hanermo (cnc designs)

__._,_.___

Posted by: Hannu Venermo <gcode.fi@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (26)

Check out the automatic photo album with 2 photo(s) from this topic.
Screenshot 2016-08-31 07.27.55.png Screenshot 2016-08-31 07.36.16.png

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment