Saturday, September 3, 2016

[Electric Boats] Re: Moving a Hobo

 

That's not a bad price. I like how those fold up into a little bag. Very clever. That model probably won't push your boat at 5kt but it will work a lot better than most trolling motors. If it turns out to be inadequate for your boat, you still have a perfect motor for canoe, kayak, dinghy, etc.

I don't know how difficult it is to connect an external power source, but the included battery is probably going to disappoint you with its range. If you can easily hook it up to about a 100ah battery bank, you should be able to cruise for the best part of a day. I am thinking a couple of ebike batteries might be just the thing. FWIW today I thought I would try one of my 20ah 48v lithium ebike batteries on my boat, and I got nearly a 6mi range at about 1.7kt. Boat is 27' long and displaces about 6700lbs. You would get much better performance out of the same battery.

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)

Check out the automatic photo album with 1 photo(s) from this topic.
2016-06-08 028.jpg

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.


.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment