Tuesday, May 5, 2015

[Electric Boats] Re: Powerwall from Tesla, residential battery pack at $0.35/wh

 

Could you please tell us where a you got 50V, 50ah AGM battery first of all, and where you got four of them for $350?


Thanks,

eric SV Meander




---In electricboats@yahoogroups.com, <billhopen@...> wrote :

I bought 4 wheelchair batteries, sealed fiberglass mat type, strapped together in series they make up 
a 50v x 50ah   =  2500watt battery....that is 2.5kw   .

they are heavier, 4 batteries weigh 100lbs,  that's roughly 2-3 x  heavier per Kwh as tesla....but who cares in a boat?,,you are not going up hills, don't need a suspension and boats need balast anyway.

the big difference is price, my 4 batteries cost $350. total (delivered cost) while my batteries are 1/4 the power...its 1/10 the cost, that is 2.5x cheaper, and fifty volts is just perfect (and safer in a salt water environment)  I don't want no 450 volts when a salt water wave comes in my cockpit, and I'm standing knee deep in short circuit.  I don't need an expert electrician to install them, and I just need a $15 Chinese 3000watt  PWM controller to run 50v direct to my motor

That Tesla stuff is for tire screaching, San Francisco hill climbing performance, not necessary in boats
 Just my opinion, I'm a low tech cheap skate

__._,_.___

Posted by: cirejay@hotmail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (7)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment