Monday, May 25, 2015

[Electric Boats] Need source for 48v. panel controller and panels-- my next step !

 

Now that the outboard is done, battery bank hooked up and all works great, I need to look at extending the run time.  Not liking using a generator, so perhaps panels would do that ??  I was thinking of one 48 volt controller, and maybe four decent sized panels on a " Bimini " type top.  I have one top now, but could build anything to fit the panel size. if I could get 40 amps, that would be continuous power at cruise speed.  That might be asking a lot at 48 volts, so maybe half of that would work ??  Batteries are now marine deep cycle lead acids.
 
What have others done with a reliable controller would be a good start.  Maybe a brand to look for, or a place that could supply a system of panels and controller would also be helpful.  I have done biz in China, so maybe there is a tested system some one has used ??  Flexible panels preferable for an arched top, but I could be tempted to build a flat top with stiff panels, as flat ones are mostly cheaper, higher output.  Need the panels here first, to fit on any top design correctly.
 
Thanks, I would welcome any ideas on products to buy ----------  Cal 

__._,_.___

Posted by: "cal" <h20dragon@centurytel.net>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment