Thursday, May 1, 2014

[Electric Boats] Re: Sunplucker electric cat

 

Well, your link says


"ideal cruise is at 25 amps 24.5 volts and 5 KPH!"


5KPH is 3.1 mph

25 amps x 24.5 volts is 600 watts.


Mine goes 3.0 mph while drawing about 120 watts, (9 amps x 13.2 volts) which is only about 1/5 of what your rig requires at very nearly the same speed based on the above statement.


When I tried Minnkotas in the propeller back configuration, there was a terrible aspiration/cavitation problem with the props drawing in air from around the shaft at higher speeds, requiring both fairing and a cavitation plate.


You can run Minnkotas in prop forward orientation with the factory wiring configuration by picking the appropriate  LH or RH pitch prop.  However, my props counter-rotate, so I use one of each.  I don't know how durable this is going to be.  It doesn't seem to me yet like the Motorguides care which way the current goes.


I couldn't get much over about 4 mph until I abandoned trying to do it with a trolling motor prop in normal orientation.


My props are protected by the boat keels, which are about an inch lower than their sweep.  You may not be able to do that with cylindrical hulls.








__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment